Saturday 24 October 2009



The next instalment.  Just the front of the barn to replace now and then we're ready for tiling.......
Amy, Simon and I are getting the ferry on Monday evening - should be at the house by T time on Tuesday.  We're going to 'camp' in the snug.  Have candles, camping chairs, stove and we're going to see about taking a cheap piece of carpet, to protect the beds from any sharp bits on the floor, that may escape being swept up.  Only thing we dont have is bathroom facilities!!

If we were able to have a fire it would be the icing on the cake, but I think that temporarily, the roof has gone straight over the chimney.  James and I did discuss retro fitting the chimneys, as there will need to be one at the other end, against the barn, for the log fuelled range.  Would have been nice though to have a fire - we have a load of oak to burn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About us

My photo
Simon works for Sainsbury's as a Department Manager has a multi-million pound turn over annually on his department and works all hours God sends. I am Events Monkey. I call myself that, as my actual title is unknown!! Just responsible for any event, function, conference, meeting etc.,etc., that happens on the campus where I work. I'd be better being called an Events Elephant, as I'm paid peanuts and expected to work all hours known to man. This is the tale of how we decided to take the massive step to living a totally different life. Selling our home in England and moving to a fantastic little village in the Auvergne, including some of our adventures along the way.